Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Allstate's Arrogance Is Gonna Get Expensive

Allstate refuses to turn over documents in a Missouri lawsuit which pertain to company policies "allegedly" designed to shortchange clients while earning itself huge profits. Even the Missouri Supreme Court, not exactly known as a hot bed of liberal judicial activism, orders Allstate to turn over the documents. They still refuse. So the trial judge fines Allstate $25,000 per day until the turn them over. They still refuse. This has been going on since September.

The fine currently exceeds $2.4 million. Yet Allstate's lawyers say the company will not produce these records for public view no matter how much the court fines them.

This display of arrogance and contempt towards courts and the rule of law is just mind-boggling. But perhaps most disturbing is how Allsnake will stop at nothing to screw their own insureds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!!!! My parents have life insurance with allstate.. My Dad died Monday May 26th 2008. My dad had a letter of open enrollment for life ins... he had 50,000 but his company was changing to allstate... it was a one time deal. I have the letter.. He and my mom filled it out sent it in and now they are saying my mom only gets 20,000!!!!!!!!! We requested a copy of the enrollment form.. because my mom said they checked 120,000.00. Allstate won't give us a copy!!!! They said only the policy holder can request it. Funny that he's dead! My mom is the beneficiary! why cant she see it! there is a problem!